BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

5.13.2008

My cousin's wedding






We went to St. George for my cousin Kim's wedding this last weekend and it was a bit of a crazy day. I was a bridesmaid along with my cousin Michelle and two of Kim's friends. First of all the dress didn't fit right which is not a big surprise. Isn't that the case with most bridesmaids? Then the wedding was supposed to start at 11am but Kim wasn't ready, she was still doing her hair and makeup so everyone had to wait around for two hours before she finally showed up. Then the reception wasn't until 7pm so we went back to the hotel and changed and just hung out in our room for a few hours. I wanted to go swimming but Rachel needed a nap and I didn't want to risk messing up my hair. So at 7pm we went to the reception and had dinner then lite dancing. Have I mentioned that my shoes were killing me! I finally gave in and danced barefoot. The reception was short and fun because Kim was 30 min late (no surprise). I swear that girl can't be on time for anything. She and her new hubby were supposed to catch a plane from Vegas that night and fly to florida because the next day they were getting on a cruise for their honeymoon. Well they missed their plane so they missed their cruise. luckily they worked it out so they could catch a plane to the Cayman Islands to catch up with the cruise. It was quite an eventful weekend.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

That is too funny that she was late for everything! Even her own wedding... You look so pretty! Hope you guys are doing great!

Leighann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leighann said...

one more thing- RACHEL IS THE CUTEST LITTLE GIRL I THINK I'VE EVER SEEN (Don't tell the other Sis-in laws! :) )

Leighann said...

That red dress is so flattering- the cut- on you, Mel! In the line up photo you look so beautiful! Were you maid of honor?

Melissa said...

Kim didn't pick a maid of honor. And thank you for the compliment. Its good to hear once and a while. I'm trying to lose weight and I get discouraged easily. I've managed to lose 10 lbs but I've still got a long way to go.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Like the red tie Will!!

Amanda, you look great. It must have been warm in there, your face is read and Rachel has red cheeks also. Look at that cute little girl. Can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks.