BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

7.21.2011

Johnston summer vacation Part 1- McClure, PA

Wow, it sure did take me a long time to get our two week vacation blogged! Its finally done now so enjoy! The first reason for going to Pennsylvania was to go back to where Will's grandmother lived. She just passed away in Feb. at age 89. Will and his grandma were very close. As a family we had gone to visit her two winters in a row and this past winter we were not able to. I felt very strongly that we needed to see her asap. I felt like her time was soon. I thought that going out in July instead of December might still be soon enough. I am so sad that we missed seeing her again before she got sick. Will was able to be with her for two weeks right before she passed. I am grateful for that at least.
Grandma's good friend Denise was so kind to let us stay with her this visit since we were not able to stay in Grandma's house. Grandma's step-daughter, Sandy, lives there now. It was nice of Sandy to let us go by and see in the house again at least. She also gave us most of grandma's photo albums and the American Flag that was presented to grandma in honor of her first husband (Will's grandfather) who passed in WWII.
We had lots of fun with Denise and her family. We got to go to the Lewistown fourth of July festival and fireworks. We went to a drive-in movie and saw Cars 2 and I think Rachel's favorite activity was swimming!

We visited family graves and left flowers.


This was Grandma's favorite restaurant, Red's Diner.

Rachel and Denise

Daddy and his girls!

Mama and Bailey

Denise was so sweet to take family photos for us.

Love this one!


Bailey at 5 weeks old

Her smiles were so quick, it was hard to catch one!

Rachel had a blast posing for Denise. She is a natural Ham!


Rachel kept saying "how bout this one" and then posing in all different cute ways.

Sisters!

She is such a light sleeper, I am surprised that she let me manipulate her for as long as she did.

Rachel is helping Sarah wash our rental car.

Rachel won lots of little prizes at the festival playing games.

Denise's fam at the drive in. Ned, Sarah, and Hannah.

at the drive in.

Waiting for the movie to start.

Denise gave Bailey a bath for us. I was surprised she fit in that little sink. So cute!

Bailey chilling by the pool.

Rachel going off the diving board for the first time.

Silly Billy!

Rachel's first jump in.

She is a little fish now!

1 comments:

Denise, Ned, Sarah and Hannah said...

We were so glad you could come. It seems like so long ago already! Miss you!