BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

4.25.2009

Half Ironman triathlon

Will and his brother Tom Competed in a Half Ironman Triathlon last weekend at Lake Mead. It is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and then a 13 mile run. It pretty much kicked their butts but they did it! Will's goal was to come in before the 8 hour cut off time and he made it. His time was 7:13.

Rachel just being cute!

Hoover Dam

The new bridge being built at hover dam.

Rachel had fun looking for shells on the beach at the lake.

Ready to race.

The water is only 55 degrees at 6am!

Will coming in from the swim.


Just starting the bike.

Finishing the run.

The last few feet!

Here he comes!

Yea! He did it! What an amazing accomplishment!

2 comments:

Denise, Ned, Sarah and Hannah said...

WOW!!!! I am super impressed! Hope your joints are recovered! Rachel looks so much older:(

Brenda Clayton said...

GO WILL!!! You're awesome! I wouldn't be able to run half a mile, let alone a marathon! LOL CONGRATS!!

And Melissa, I LOVE that last family pic of you guys - so cute!!!