BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

4.28.2009

what a sponge!


So Rachel does very well with her speech and I can have full conversations with her. She is quite advanced for a 2 year old. Well she said something funny last night and I just wanted to write it down so I don't forget it. Really this post is just for me and Rachel in the future, I'm not meaning to brag to the world. Anyway, she was cleaning up her toys because it was bed time and she was trying to put some toy balls on top of the pile of toys in the bucket. It was too full so they kept falling off every time she put them up. So as they fall down we hear " darn balls!" It was too funny! She really picks up on everything we say and eventually repeats it. I also think it is really funny when she disciplines her stuffed animals and baby dolls. She grabs their face and says "look at me baby" or " do you need a time out" or " don't you dare barbie". I hope that I am good at discipline and am not too mean but when she is disciplinarian to her toys she is so harsh, I wonder if that is what I sound like too. At least I don't beat her so we are ok there!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

They are amazing! It is crazy how much they pick up on! I am sure you are doing a great job! Kelby was/is an amazing talker! She is a doll!! I need to email the pictures from the party! Take care!

Mark said...

Too cute.

The Marley's said...

I wonder about my discipline too because of that very same fact. Breanne acts the same way with her toys sometime. I think that that's just how they perceive it. Funny little kids. We might be planning a trip down to your area come June. We'll have to get together it at all possible!

RhettandCass said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog :) Look how cute your little girl is..she is darling!! I will be there for sure on the 12th. I cant wait to see everyone. You have the cutest little family :) Now we can keep in touch.

Jes said...

Ha ha, Selah does the same thing with trying to discipline her toys. It's so funny, but also a good reminder to me to watch myself and listen to the things I'm saying. It's so fun being a mom!