Last week we went to Missouri to have a family reunion with Will's family. We all stayed at his parents house in Hannibal. It was pretty chaotic around the house because there were about 28 of us all sharing about 3000 sq ft. Rachel really enjoyed chasing her cousins around the house. It was a lot of fun though and I think my favorite activities were going to Nauvoo and Carthage. Some of you may know that I love history so getting to be in the same place as Mormon pioneers were was just fascinating to me. We got to go in the Nauvoo temple to do a session and it was so powerful. I know it is rebuilt but I still felt like I was standing in the same room as the prophet Brigham.I believe Joseph Smith died before it was finished so I don't know if he was ever able to participate in the ordinances there. It was so beautiful.
Getting to see Carthage was so sobering and spiritual. I was grateful for the experience to be able to be in the place where the Prophet gave his last breath. I could feel the spirit there but mostly I just felt sad. Unfortunately Will was not able to see much of the jail because Rachel was not cooperative. He had to take her outside. She loves walking now and refuses to let us hold her anymore. She wanted to run all around inside the historic building and made a big fuss when we wouldn't let her.
Second favorite was playing on the lake. Will got sun burnt pretty bad but had fun driving the boat. I tried the inner tube and it was scary at first but fun. my arms were really sore the next day though.
Fun vacation and can't wait to see the family again at the next reunion!
7.23.2008
Family Reunion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment